This is Step 3 in my SharePoint 2013 Setup Guide
To start, logon to the server using the SharePoint farm account. Running the install and configuration wizard under this account will ensure the process provisions databases on SQL Server with the main SharePoint farm account as the database DBO.
- Run the SharePoint 2013 setup media.
- On the SharePoint 2013 Start page, click Install SharePoint Server.
- On the Enter Your Product Key tab, enter your product key, and then click Continue.
- On the Read the Microsoft Software License Terms tab, review the terms, select the “I accept the terms of this agreement” check box, and then click Continue.
- On the Choose the installation you want tab, click Server Farm.
- On the Server Type tab, click Complete.
- On the File Location tab, accept the default location or change the installation path, and then click Install Now.
- When the Setup program is finished, a dialog box prompts you to complete the configuration of your server. Clear the Run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard now check box.
- Click Close to finish Setup.
After installing the SharePoint 2013 server software, you are ready to install any additional add-ins and updates. You can also install any language packs your farm requires. To install the language packs, run the setup media for each of the language packs you want in the farm.
If applicable, install the latest service pack Microsoft has released for SharePoint 2013 and then apply the latest service pack Microsoft has released for SharePoint 2013 language packs.
Finally, check for updates on Microsoft Update in the server’s control panel.
Next, you are ready to configure your farm